Broken Class Car Accident Injuries in Houston, TX
What to Know About Airbag & Broken Glass Injuries
When we think of car accident injuries, we often think of broken ribs from the steering wheel or cuts and bruises from the impact. However, these incidents cause a wide variety of injuries and certainly aren’t limited to broken bones, cuts, and scrapes. Many car accident injuries are the result of the airbag or broken glass. Thankfully, it is possible to get compensation for these injuries with the proper legal counsel. Talk to the team at Nava Law Group in Houston, TX to learn more about airbag and broken glass injuries.
Common Airbag Injuries to Watch for
Airbags are designed to save lives. But while they provide a barrier that lowers your risk of hitting hard surfaces, they can cause injuries themselves. If the airbag malfunctions and deploys incorrectly, it can result in even more severe injuries. Be aware of these potential injuries from airbags:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones, especially in the chest, are quite common. Airbags often deploy directly into the chest, breaking bones and damaging soft tissue.
- Back Injuries: The spine and neck are very vulnerable in motor vehicle accidents. Many victims come away with serious injuries to the cervical spine, whiplash, and chronic neck pain.
- Burns: Sometimes, an airbag deploys so fast that it causes burns. As the fabric comes into contact with your skin, something akin to “rug burn” can develop.
- Facial Injuries: Bruising on the face is a typical result of airbag deployment. In more serious cases, victims might have concussions or eye damage.
- Internal Bleeding: Internal bleeding is perhaps the most severe airbag injury, as you may not notice it right away. Intense force on the body can lead to lacerations on the liver, lungs, and other vital organs.
Know These Types of Broken Glass Injuries
If you’ve ever dropped and shattered a glass jar on the kitchen floor, you know how difficult it is to clean up all the shards. If you aren’t careful, the kitchen floor will be dangerous for days. Now, imagine how dangerous a shattered windshield can be when it breaks at high speeds. Broken glass injuries are very common in auto accidents, and you may be entitled to compensation. We often work with clients who have sustained these glass injuries:
- Lacerations and deep cuts
- Nerve damage
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe shock
- Infections (from untreated cuts)
How You Can Gain Compensation for Glass Injuries
Getting compensation for a broken glass car accident injury is rarely easy, but it is possible with the help of a seasoned lawyer. The first step to gaining compensation is collecting evidence that strengthens your case. We’ll likely pull police reports and acquire testimony from witnesses. After that, our team will determine a compensation amount that makes sense for the extent of your injuries. Nava Law Group stays beside clients every step of the way as they work to build a case for compensation. You may be entitled to the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Schedule a Consultation With Nava Law Group
Car accident injuries can take an enormous toll on your quality of life. Sometimes, these consequences last for years. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries if they were caused by someone else’s negligence. The team at Nava Law Group has years of experience helping clients in Houston, San Antonio, and Austin, TX get the compensation they need to start on the road to recovery. Schedule a consultation with us today.