Sexual Abuse Lawyers in Houston, Texas
Sexual abuse can happen anywhere, and to anyone, no matter how vigilant the victims and their family members were in protecting themselves and their children from potential predators.
Sexual predators prey on victims when they are most vulnerable, and typically in places where they are most trusted, including schools, camps, and religious organizations.
The most important thing for victims to understand is that sexual abuse is not their fault and holding the responsible person or parties accountable for their physical and emotional pain can help them move forward with confidence.
At the Nava Law Group, our Houston, Texas sexual abuse attorneys represent victims and their families to ensure that the perpetrator and any third-parties who can be held responsible are, so the victims have access to the time and resources they need to heal.
Sexual Abuse Can Happen Anywhere in Houston, Texas
Adults, teenagers, children, and even the elderly are at risk for sexual abuse when a predator is hiding in plain sight anywhere they are. Sexual abusers can be strangers, acquaintances, neighbors, coworkers, and even family members who take advantage of the trusted positions they hold in our lives.
While there is no way to identify a sexual abuser on sight, common trusted positions that place victims in danger can include:
- Babysitters or childcare providers
- Doctors, therapists, and psychologists
- Members of the clergy, including priests or pastors, Sunday school teachers, and youth group leaders
- Other kids with past histories of sexual abuse
- Public and private school teachers, including grade school, middle school, high school, and college-level instructors
- Scout leaders
Sexual abuse can take place anywhere in Houston and can be difficult to identify, no matter how cautious we are, with common locations including:
- Apartment complexes
- Extracurricular activities
- Nursing homes
- Private homes
- Professional offices
At the Nava Law Group, we know how difficult it is for sexual abuse victims to confront their abusers, which is why we provide the compassionate legal representation they need to pursue results. We will take the lead in holding everyone involved in your Houston sexual abuse case accountable for their actions, so you can seek the care you need to fully heal.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for Sexual Abuse Cases in Houston?
Texas law also allows sexual abuse victims to file civil lawsuits that hold their attackers financially responsible for the injuries they caused. The laws also allow our experienced Houston sexual abuse attorneys to hold any third-party whose negligence allowed the abuse to occur responsible for their role in our client’s injuries.
We will also pursue those who had a legal obligation to report sexual abuse if they suspected it, so the abuse could not continue to occur.
Pursuing the sexual abuser for financial recovery is a critical way for victims to find the justice they deserve while gaining access to the resources they need to help them recover.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing A Sexual Abuse Claim in Texas?
Sexual abuse claims in Houston are especially heinous, which is why the statute of limitations for filing a claim against the abuser and all responsible parties extends well beyond the standard personal injury limitation of two years.
In the State of Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a sexual abuse claim is:
- 15 years for sexual abuse against minors
- 5 years for sexual abuse against adults
If you have been sexually abused, we want to help you hold the responsible person or parties responsible for your financial recovery, so you can focus on getting your life back.
How Can the Sexual Abuse Attorneys at the Nava Law Group in Houston Help?
At the Nava Law Group, our Houston sexual abuse lawyers will outline the detailed procedures required to safeguard the evidence we need to produce results.
- Evaluate your complete physical, emotional, and psychological injuries
- Conduct interviews with witnesses and third parties who can help build our case
- Partner with medical professionals who can testify to the scope of your injuries and their ongoing medical requirements
- Conduct negotiations to develop a potential settlement that will allow our clients to heal while we provide a position of strength from outside the courtroom
- Litigate the case when negotiations are not producing the financial compensation results our clients deserve; we will take your case to court and fight for your recovery during the proceedings
More importantly, we will serve as your advocate throughout the case, to provide the confidence you need that someone is on your side, fighting for the best outcome available for your case.
Contact Our Houston Sexual Abuse Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been sexually abused, contact our Harris County Sexual Abuse lawyers today by calling (713) 218-2424 to schedule a free confidential consultation. We provide compassionate legal representation that allows you to safely discuss your case and learn how we can help you hold each responsible party accountable for your financial recovery.