Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Houston, Texas
At the Nava Law Group, our Houston, Texas slip and fall accident attorneys know that personal injuries can happen anywhere, anytime, when negligence is a factor in a business or property owner’s operation of their premises.
In Harris County, business owners and employees are required to implement and follow procedures to regularly inspect their premises for risks that may cause injuries to their guests or customers. When the responsible parties act quickly, and clean up spills, or place warnings for any hazardous condition — including wet floors or unlevel walkways — they are helping their customers avoid injury. When they do not take the necessary actions to provide a safe environment, people get hurt — some severely.
Our Houston slip and fall accident lawyers know that when dangerous premises catch victims by surprise, and we want to help those who are injured as a result of negligence hold the reckless party accountable for their actions or in actions by pursuing the best financial outcome available for their needs.
What are the Most Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Happen in Houston, Texas?
Negligent conditions can lead to slip and fall accident injuries occurring anywhere in Houston.
The most common places where slip and fall accidents can occur in Houston include:
- Apartment complexes
- Bars and nightclubs
- Construction job sites
- Grocery stores
- Hotels and resorts
- Office and professional buildings
- Parking lots and garages
- Private homes and properties
- Public areas, including swimming pools and restrooms
- Retail outlets and strip malls
- Shopping malls
The most common circumstances that lead to slip and fall injuries in these locations can include:
- Boxes or other supplies left on the floor
- Broken pavement on walkways and sidewalks
- Broken or missing tiles
- Carpet or flooring that is overly worn, torn or ripped
- Debris that has fallen onto walkways
- Deteriorating stairs
- Displays, shelves, or merchandise that protrudes into walkways
- Failing to fence or guard a hazard
- Failure to warn customers or visitors of known hazards that cannot be fixed immediately
- Improperly working escalators and elevators
- Improperly secured cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting in entryways, stairs, walkways
- Irrigation heads aimed at walkways
- Rugs or carpets that are not secured
- Slick ramps or stairs
- Small steps or ramps that have insufficient warnings
- Uneven surfaces on sidewalks and in parking lots
- Weak, faulty, or missing stair rails
- Wet and slippery surfaces, without visible signage
- Wet or slippery floors due to spills or cleaning
What are the Most Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries in Houston, Texas?
The surprise nature of Houston slip and fall accidents leave little time for the victims to brace for impact, leaving them severely injured as a result.
Some of the most common slip and fall accident injuries can include, but are not limited to:
- Back and spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- Chronic pain
- Head injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Lacerations and scarring
- Muscle, ligament, and tendon damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Any of these injuries can result in overwhelming losses, including:
- Medical bills, including current, ongoing, and future treatments
- Lost wages, when injuries keep you from working
- Lost future earning power when injuries prevent you from returning to your previous job
- Physical pain and suffering caused by the injury
- Emotional trauma from accident and/or the injuries
- Permanent disabilities, scarring, or disfigurement that resulted from the accident
How Do I Know If I Have A Slip and Fall Claim in Houston?
Slip and fall cases are complex and difficult to pursue without an attorney by your side.
Slip and fall cases in Texas require our Houston attorneys to prove:
- The responsible party knew or should have known about the dangerous condition
- The responsible party failed to fix or warn about the dangerous condition
- The dangerous condition caused your injury
To seek compensation for your Houston slip and fall injuries and losses, you must show that another party’s negligence caused your accident and injury, and hiring an experienced Houston slip and fall accident lawyer will allow you to focus on healing while we secure the evidence you need to pursue the property or business owner for their negligent behavior.
Contact Our Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Houston, Texas Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Houston, contact our Houston personal injury attorneys today by calling (713) 218-2424 to schedule a free consultation with the Nava Law Group.
Houston Slip and fall cases require quick action to prevent the negligent party from repairing the damaged premises that led to your accident and caused your injuries. If you are hurt, get the medical care you need immediately, and contact the Nava Law Group right away, so we can get started on your case.