Bed Bug Lawyers in Houston, Texas
Bed bugs seemingly disappeared from the U.S. landscape from the mid-1950s through the late 1990s, becoming so rare during that time that they were hardly identifiable. In turn, the new generation of pest control professionals found themselves ill-equipped to counter the spread of bed bugs, which has led to infestations in rental homes, apartments, assisted living centers, daycares, and even luxury hotels throughout the country.
At the Nava Law Group, our Bed Bug Lawyers in Houston, Texas understand that eliminating bed bugs is a difficult task, as they can live up to one year without feeding, which means hotels, apartments, and other housing options can overlook their duty of care to ensure you are staying in a safe environment — and they can be held responsible for the damages that result from your bed bug damages.
Who Can Be Held Legally Responsible For Bed Bug Infestations In Houston?
If you have suffered physical, psychological, or financial injury from a bed bug infestation, it is important to identify the source of your injuries, so we can pursue the proper person or party for your recovery.
Once a business is aware of a bed bug issue, the owners and/or operators have a duty to notify employees, customers, and guests of the problem. They must also take immediate and necessary actions to prevent the spread of bed bugs.
When the establishment fails in these duties, they can be held responsible for their negligence.
At the Nava Law Group, our bed bug attorneys in Houston, Texas we will pursue the proper party who caused your bed bug injuries, including:
- Apartment owners
- Business owners
- Daycare centers
- Hotel or motel where you stayed
- Insurance companies
- Negligent exterminators
- New, used, or rental furniture companies
- Nursing homes
- Property owners
- Office or professional building management groups
- Vacation rentals
If you have suffered injuries from a bed bug infestation, our Houston, Texas bed bug lawyers will provide the experienced legal representation you need to pursue the financial compensation you deserve for medical bills, therapy expenses, extermination fees, and other damages.
What Type of Injuries Result From Houston Bed Bug Infestations?
Bed bug infestations have become increasingly common, and are injuring thousands of people each year throughout the United States.
Bed bugs can cause serious injuries to those who are attacked, including:
- Physical injuries that require ongoing medical care
- Psychological stress, anxiety, and insomnia, requiring medication and counseling
- Damage to personal property
- Remediation expenses and extermination bills
Approximately 90% of bed bug attacks occur in hotels and private residences, and if the owner or operator of the accommodations you were staying in were aware of their infestation and did nothing to ensure your safety, we will help you pursue the responsible party for your financial recovery.
What Type of Evidence Is Required to Pursue A Houston Bed Bug Lawsuit?
The bacteria associated with bed bug bites can cause dangerous infections that disrupt your life. If you have suffered from a bed bug attack, seek medical care right away to prevent further damages, and begin preserving evidence to help build your case against the responsible party who caused your injuries.
First, record the evidence of your injuries by photographing the:
- Bed bug bites
- Bed bug nests, taking care to search damp and dark places
- Keep your receipt from the hotel, resort, Airbnb, or other accommodation complex where you stayed to prove you were a guest at the time of the infestation
- Obtain a copy of your lease to prove you were a resident of the location at the time of the infestation if you were injured by bed bugs in your apartment, condo, or another rental property
- Inform the hotel of your bed bug attack by filing a formal incident report with a supervisor, but be sure to procure any evidence first.
The hotel will immediately ask to move you to a new room and will keep you from returning to the infested room to obtain evidence. Instead of switching rooms, leave the premises with the evidence you have obtained, as switching rooms may be considered compensation, thereby diminishing the ability to pursue further damages.
- Save all medical bills associated with your bed bug attack and its physical or psychological treatment
- Preserve the receipts and records for replacement furniture and personal belongings if the bed bugs spread to your home and/or property from the accommodations you were in
- Maintain receipts for any necessary extermination and fumigation services required after the spread
- Contact our experienced bed bug attorneys in Houston, Texas to discuss your case
Have You Suffered Physical, Psychological, or Financial Injuries From A Bed Bug Infestation In Texas?
The trauma of a bed bug attack can stay with you for a very long time, interrupting your quality of life for weeks, months, or even years. If you have been injured by a bed bug infestation, do not attempt to take on the person, company, or insurance representatives alone.
Allow the legal professionals at the Nava Law Group to pursue the best financial outcome available for your unique case, so you can get your life back.
Call Our Houston, TX Bed Bugs Lawyer for Your Free Consultation Today
If you have suffered from bed bug injuries of any kind, do not dismiss the ordeal as something that could happen to anyone. Contact our knowledgeable Harris County bed bug lawyers at (713) 218-2424 to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can hold the responsible party accountable for your full financial recovery.