Wrongful Death Lawyers Houston, Texas
Losing a loved one is among the most difficult things that can happen in life.
When that loss is the result of another’s negligence, the fallout is especially devastating.
If you have lost a loved one in a traffic accident, a workplace accident, or as a result of medical malpractice, our wrongful death attorney in Houston, Texas at the Nava Law Group will take the lead in holding the negligent party responsible for your loss, so you can take the time you need to grieve.
Our Harris County wrongful death attorneys understand that no amount of money is going to bring your loved one back, but pursuing the financial recovery you deserve for their loss can hold the responsible party accountable for your family’s tragedy.
Each wrongful death case we handle is unique, and depending on the circumstances of your loss, your financial recovery options could be substantial. We can help you determine exactly what you are entitled to, so you can focus on healing.
What Are the Most Common Types of Houston Wrongful Death Claims?
At the Nava Law Group, our Houston Wrongful Death Lawyers believe there is nothing common about wrongful death claims.
Losing a loved one in an accident caused by negligence is life-changing for the survivors and adapting to the fact that their family member is not coming back is devastating.
Frequent wrongful death claims filed in Houston can include:
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Maritime accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle crashes
- Oilfield accidents
- Plant explosions
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- Semi-truck collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Workplace accidents
The Tragic Connection Between Pedestrian Accidents and Wrongful Death in Houston
While many dangers can lead to Houston wrongful death claims throughout the state each year, most may be surprised to learn that traveling on foot can pose serious risks to pedestrians.
Throughout the country last year, pedestrian accidents led to:
- 6,283 pedestrians losing their lives in traffic crashes
- On average, one crash-related pedestrian death occurred every 1.5 hours
- More than a 3% increase in the number of pedestrians killed in traffic crashes
- 16% of all traffic fatalities
Accordingly to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Texas ranked third in pedestrian traffic fatalities throughout the country last year, with 612 total pedestrians killed.
At the Nava Law Group, our Houston wrongful death lawyers focus on providing our clients with the compassionate legal representation they need to pursue the negligent party who caused their loss, so they can take the time they need to fully heal.
Who Can Pursue A Wrongful Death Case in Houston, Texas?
In Texas, our wrongful death laws outline the family members who can file a wrongful death claim against the negligent party who caused their loved one’s death.
Those family members include surviving:
- Spouses, including formal or common-law spouses
- Parents, including adoptive parents
- Children, including adoptive children
Siblings or same-sex spouses are not eligible to file wrongful death suits in the State of Texas.
What Type of Financial Compensation Can Surviving Family Members Pursue in a Wrongful Death Case in Houston?
Each Houston wrongful death case is unique in both its circumstances and financial eligibility.
At the Nava Law Group, our Houston wrongful death lawyers will outline each aspect of your case to ensure we are pursuing the optimal financial recovery options available under our laws, including:
- Medical bills incurred by the deceased before they passed away
- Physical pain suffered by the victim before their death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of compensation and earning capacity previously provided by the deceased
- Loss of inheritance, including possessions the deceased would have accumulated and left to their loved ones, had their life not been cut short
- Mental anguish, including emotional pain and suffering the family endures over the death of your loved one
- Loss of maintenance, companionship, care, services, support, and advice the deceased provided
How Can the Nava Law Group Help Prove My Wrongful Death Claim in Houston, TX?
Wrongful death cases are complex, especially if more than one party was involved in the accident that caused the loss of your loved one.
To prove a wrongful death claim in Houston, our wrongful death attorneys must establish:
- The responsible party behaved in a negligent or careless manner
- Their negligence or carelessness directly resulted in the victim’s death
- The surviving family members are the victim’s legal beneficiaries
- The surviving family members have experienced measurable loss due to the victim’s death
When negligence is a factor in any daily circumstances, whether you are walking or operating a vehicle alongside an intoxicated or distracted driver, working in a dangerous environment with defective machinery, or while pursuing medical care, people can lose their lives, leaving their families reeling from the emotional and financial fallout of the tragedy.
If you have lost a loved one in an accident that was caused by the negligence or carelessness of another, contact our experienced Houston wrongful death attorneys at the Nava Law Group by calling (713) 218-2424 to schedule a free consultation today.