Uber & Rideshare Accident Lawyers in Houston, Texas
At the Nava Law Group, P.C., our Uber accident lawyers in Houston know that the details of a rideshare accident can be confusing. Whether you were hurt in a collision with a negligent Uber driver in Texas or were an Uber passenger at the time of the crash, your financial recovery options will vary based on the rideshare driver’s status when the accident occurred.
Our Houston car accident attorneys can help you determine who was liable for the crash, and the insurance coverage that will allow you to pursue the maximum financial recovery for your accident, injuries, or the loss of a loved one.
Here is what you need to know about being hurt in a crash with an Uber or other rideshare driver in Texas.
What are the Most Common Causes of Uber Accidents in Houston, Texas?
Our Uber & Rideshare accident lawyers in Houston know that most vehicle collisions are caused by negligence — even when the driver is for hire.
Because of the nature of the job, Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare drivers count on their electronic devices to make money.
They are alerted by new riders directly on their phones, which requires them to look down, navigate, and identify pick-up and drop-off locations. This process significantly increases driver distraction, which is one of many negligent causes of traffic collisions throughout Texas.
Additional causes of Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare accidents in Texas may include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Fatigue driving
- Making improper turns, unsafe lane changes, or driving the wrong way
- Reckless driving
I have been injured in a crash caused by a negligent rideshare driver in Texas or were injured in a crash as a passenger, contact our Uber accident attorneys in Houston today to discuss your case.
Our dedicated Uber & Rideshare accident lawyers in Houston are available now to discuss the details of your crash, injuries, or the loss of your loved one during a free consultation.
Who is Liable for the Damages that Occurred During an Uber or Other Rideshare Accident in Texas?
There are multiple levels of insurance coverage that can apply during a rideshare accident in Texas.
Our Uber accident attorneys in Houston will review your unique crash circumstances and outline the potentially liable party – and their insurance coverage – to pursue your full financial recovery.
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners created time periods as a guide for liability, which outlines when Uber and rideshare insurance coverage applies after an accident in Texas.
- If the driver is using his or her personal vehicle and the app is not turned on or enabled when the crash occurs, the driver’s personal insurance applies, as they are operating under their policy.
- If the driver has enabled the app but has not yet accepted a ride request, the rideshare company may only have limited liability.
- If the driver has accepted a ride request via the app and is in transit to the passenger, the rideshare company’s insurance coverage will apply, up to the $1 million coverage limit.
- If a passenger is in the Uber or another rideshare driver’s vehicle being transported to their drop-off location, the rideshare company’s insurance coverage will also apply, up to the $1 million coverage limit.
If you have been injured as a rider or another motorist in a collision with a rideshare driver who was actively working for Uber, Lyft, or another company during the collision, our Houston Uber accident attorney can help pursue the financial recovery you are entitled to for your injuries.
At Nava Law Group, Our Law Firm in Houston, TX Also Focuses On The Following Practice Areas:
- Car Accidents
- Hit and Run
- Auto Insurance Coverage
- DUI/Drunk Driver Accidents
- High-Speed Crashes
What Type of Financial Compensation Can I Pursue After an Uber or Other Rideshare Accident with Injuries in Houston, Texas?
Our personal injury lawyers in Houston know that each of our client’s cases is unique.
That means we must outline each of their personal injury damages based on their unique circumstances.
That may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
If you have been hurt in a crash with a rideshare driver, we can help you understand who is liable and which insurance coverage applies to your full financial recovery needs, so you can get your life back.
Contact Our Skilled Uber & Rideshare Accident Lawyers in Houston Today
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a vehicle collision caused by a negligent rideshare driver in Texas, contact our experienced Uber accident lawyers in Houston at the Nava Law Group today by calling (713) 218-2400 to discuss the details of your injuries or loss to learn how we can help investigate your case during a free consultation.