Weather and climate experts are predicting an above-average hurricane season for 2020, forecasting 13 to 19 named storms before the season ends on November 30th.
- Six to ten hurricanes throughout the season
- Three to six major hurricanes classified as Category 3, 4 or 5, with winds of at least 111 mph
Although these storms begin in the Atlantic, there is always a chance that they will drive through the Gulf of Mexico, and take aim directly at Houston, Texas like Hurricane Harvey in 2017 and Hurricane Ike in 2008.
Our Harris County community can suffer great harm from these devastating forms, and once the storm clears, damage remains, leaving our residents fighting the insurance companies for their livelihoods.
Common types of hurricane damage in Houston can include, but is not limited to:
- Moisture damage
- Broken windows
- Damage from projectiles
- Damage to boats, cars, and other vehicles
- Destroyed doors, garages, and other structures
- Fire damage from downed wires
- Property damage pools, sheds, and landscaping
- Roof lifting, destroyed shingles, gutters, and siding
- Destruction of personal items and interior possession like furniture or appliances
- Structural damage to the walls, porches, and outer buildings of homes and businesses
Has Your Insurance Company Delayed, Undervalued, or Denied Your Houston Hurricane Damage Claim?
You have paid for home, business, or property insurance for years, and now that it is time to rely on your policy to recover the financial losses you have sustained during a hurricane, your insurance company has suddenly decided your coverage does not apply to the damage that occurred.
Do not fight with the insurance company on your own. They will do everything they can to delay, devalue, or deny you claim, and we can help you hold them accountable, so you can get your property rebuilt or replaced by the insurance policy you have paid for.
Contact The Nava Law Group Hurricane Damage Lawyers In Houston, Texas
If your home, business, or property suffered damage during a storm, contact our Houston hurricane damage attorneys at the Nava Law Group, P.C. by calling (713) 218-2424 or contact us online to discuss your insurance policy, so we can start building your case today.